Seed International SDA Church was planted in 2001 and was established in 2010 to serve the international people of Helsinki and the neighboring cities of Espoo and Vantaa. People from over 50 countries and territories have worshiped with us. We welcome people from diverse cultures and language groups to worship our God! HELSINKI is home to many embassies, international organizations, world class universities, nonprofit organizations and the Finnish government. This is truly a world class city, with residents from all over the world.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that God has uniquely called this church to present the Gospel of Jesus in an uncomplicated and common sense way. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we want Seed International to truly be a church passionately committed to Christ, His Cause, and His Community.
With a passion and zeal for the lost and hurting world, Seed International SDA Church is looking for ways to build bridges to a cynical and jaded society. We aim to take a different approach in reaching out and helping people along the journey. We stress cultural relevancy and utilize all medias and means to communicate the Gospel message.
We desire to love, lead, live like Jesus so others can become like HIM.
OUR CORE VALUES
We are expressive in our love for Christ
We value people passionately
We are creative and fun
We value excellence
We are passionate about God’s Word being our ultimate authority
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Check the Video about Adventists http://www.adventist.org/beliefs/video.html
- In the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus became a human being, died for our sins, was raised the third day, ascended to the heavens, there to make intercession for us always.
- The gospel—the good news that through Jesus, God’s kingdom is now—and that all who believe may enter and find life.
- That Christianity is a life of learning from Jesus how to live in His kingdom and that He lays claim to 100% of all we are and possess.
- That the church is the community of God’s people called to bear witness to the gospel.
- Spiritual gifts equip the people of God and edify the Body of Christ.
- That the Holy Scriptures are the inspired word of God and guide the church in its witness.
- That the seventh-day Sabbath is holy time and God’s signature upon creation and redemption.
- In the literal, personal and soon coming of Christ.
- That humanity by nature is mortal and eternal life is a gift of God through Christ.
- In the glorious resurrection of the righteous dead at the second coming of Christ where everything will be made new and sin will be no more.
- Our bodies are the temple of God’s Spirit and should be treated as such.
- That the Christian life should be characterized by simplicity and modesty and that our wealth spent to alleviate the suffering of the poor and needy.